1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Strange fluke with the 4.2 & 4.5 xtrRoms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikey517, Sep 15, 2010.

1. mikey517

mikey517 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    I upgraded to xtrROM 4.5 just to try out the cache2cache, and I encountered an odd fluke; my POP3 mail account would not receive any emails. I could send an email to my work account, or Gmail account, but I could not receive any mails. I tried re-flashing, re-entering my user info several times to no avail.

Soooo....

I flashed the 4.2 version......same thing. Soooooooooo, I flashed the comparable xtrSense versions.......same darn thing. I could NOT get an email via my POP3 account. My work (exchange server) worked fine, as did gmail, and I could send email via the POP3, but not receive.

I tried everything, including SD card format, partition, un-partition....nada.

So I'm back with 4.0.6.1....and all is well.

I would like to use the xtrROM 4.2 with no partition so I can try some of these froyo ROMS, but I need my POP3 mail account.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreaciated...

Advertisement

2. doogald

doogald Android Expert

Jan 7, 2010
    I always start with the obvious: are you sure that the POP server name was correct? That there are no spaces in the name? Username is correct? Password?

Try installing K-9 mail from the market (you can always uninstall later) and see if you can get it to work on that app.

3. Zynnis

Zynnis Member
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    Cook Supervisor - Wabash Valley Correctional Facil
    Sullivan, Indiana, USA
    I'm running xtrROM4.2 and I'm having no problems with my POP3 accounts, I have three of them and they all run fine. Not sure if anyone else is having a problem, but just figured I'd pipe in and say that I've not had a problem with it. Anyone else?

4. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Same here, I'm on 4.2 and I've got two pop3 mail accounts that I've configured in the Mail program, they're working fine.

5. mikey517

mikey517 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    Very strange!!...Worth a shot asking...thanks for the replies.

Tried it again with same result....I could send but not receive mail via my POP3...

looks like I'll be on xtrROM 4.0.6.1 for a bit longer....