1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange glitches

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bigbdroid, Feb 15, 2020.

1. bigbdroid

bigbdroid Newbie

Hey y'all.

My LG Stylo 4 (LM-Q710TS) keeps clutching out. Small but very annoying glitches.
    • Wallpaper resets to default
    • Looping home screen setting keeps turning off
    • Keyboard won't stay onscreen very long.
    • Internet blinks(?)
    • Screen blinks
    Basically my whole phone glitches out and resets little things.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening?

With all being said and done if I have to replace this phone, can someone recommend a good phone with at least the following features.
    1. FM tuner
    2. Built-in casting
    3. MHL capable
    4. Easy to root with need of PC

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

maybe a factory reset might do the trick.

as for an upgrade, what is your price range? do you have a particular brand? carrier?

olbriar likes this.
  3. bigbdroid

bigbdroid Newbie

I prefer LG. But my budget is very low. And it's gotta be TMO compatible. Just sucks, because I've only had this phone for 3-4 months.

And No dice on factory reset. Did it twice

4. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Are you by any chance using a third party launcher, or other apps such as calling apps, messaging apps, or any other that runs continuously?

I ask because on a low performance device there are some apps that use way too much power for such devices.

Case in point, I had a phone with 1GB of RAM, and I really liked Apex Launcher.

The phone had most if not all of the symptoms you describe, even if I got rid of almost all my user apps.

I later discovered that while Apex Laucher itsrlf only uses about 30MB of RAM, the Google Analytics built into it used a whopping 200MB of RAM all the time!

Together, that makes about 25% of the memory used.
    Now add whatever the system needed to work.

No wonder that poor phone was acting up!

So, I ditched that launcher, and now look for apps that do not have Google Analytics built into them.

It makes the device much happier, I am much happier, and Google can get bent for all I care.

LG Stylo 4 Forum

The LG Stylo 4 release date was June 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 450 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

June 2018
Release Date
Reviews