1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange message appears on my Samsung S 2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hasell123, Aug 13, 2012.

1. hasell123

hasell123 Lurker

Every 2 or 3 minutes i get a message popping up on any screen.
    Can someone tell me how to get rid of it and why am I getting it?
    This is the message:
    "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped"

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Looks like you have a problem with the Google app's process, gapps. This covers such things as Play Store, gmail app, google maps, google goggles, etc:

With so many sub processes involved, the best method, on an un-rooted handset, IMHO, would be a Factory Reset, see here.

3. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

First stop might be to attempt to wipe cache in your nandroid recovery. I don't think this has dalvik cache option but if it does, wipe this also.
    If this makes no difference then factory reset as our friendly neighbourhood ironass has already mentioned.

ironass likes this.
  4. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Cheers Hawker!

Its been so long since I was on un-rooted, stock, firmware, that I honestly cannot remember what wipe functions are available in nandroid Recovery.

Can anyone enlighten me please! :dontknow:

5. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

I think it's a wipe cache and nothing more butty.
    Like you, it's been a long long time so be interesting to here off you non-rooted stalwarts for confirmation. :)

6. hasell123

hasell123 Lurker

Thanks for all your help. I have now factory reset the phone. So far, touch wood. it appears to be working ok now.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews