• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange Message

vrectonix

Lurker
Jun 3, 2018
Hello, I'm a new user in this forum, today I got a strange message sent by Play store, I don't know what is this, is this a code or just a bug, do you guys know this?

If you need a text to copy, here it is :

hr6q2vt07Pi0:tt94Pezv09Δ!PΠΔirv7ä2P r9P072Δqz<Δ:t2Δb2ä2v7x29P0Pa07r<WΔΔΛΣWÖÆAΛΔΔΛ:trv2Pc0v0ö<PΠΔ*trv2Pfpu29Δs79Pipvy:w3Pc0v0ööΛΠ)xXΘΣΣΣPΩΔ((7ΔΓΔar0Δepy0Δ)xXΞΣPyzuyr9Πrtu:y0ws4Δ29Δx:vypWvy5Δzps4t07P 7r0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180604-025758.png
    Screenshot_20180604-025758.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 699
A few years ago I had a Huawei Ascend XL had done that after it was rooted, And I found out later that most of my messages that was sent and received was encrypted in the same format as your image is showing. And to this day I never figured out why it did that other then it was rooted. But just out of curiosity what device did you received that message on?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Could be an activation code for something, like an in-app purchase? Google PlayStore can use SMS billing(DCB) in some regions and countries. Possibly it was sent to the wrong recipient? Perhaps worth checking your phone bill for any premium-rate SMS charges?
Good point, I had forgotten about that.

However, it sounds like SMS messages generated for the Direct Billing option should follow a certain format:
Note: You may see an SMS (text message) starting with "DCB" or "DCB_Association" on your phone when you sign up for direct carrier billing. The message is automatically generated and sent to complete enrollment in direct carrier billing for your Google Play account.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones