• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Strange MMS behavior Running CM7

spyder

Jan 18, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Hello.
Well I'm running CM7, NO COMPLAINTS. It's running with no glitches, BUT I noticed with the last couple releases, the MMS works just fine, BUT:

The sending party, HAS to add a "Subject Line" or I WILL NOT receive it. If they attach a pic, put a subject line, comes right thru. No subject line, it's like it never existed.

For me sending same, IF I send a pic OR a msg >160 Characters, if I do NOT put a subject line, it bounces back "COULD NOT BE SENT NOT A VALID #"

THEN, I add a subject line and boom, no problem at all, goes right thru?

When I hit add subject, it even comes up and says, converting to MMS.

The stock ROM did that when you exceeded 160, not sure about the pix.

It's not a prob. BUT if the person sending me a pic does not know to do it, I won't receive and they will NOT get a bounce back so they will think I got it, that's the only problem.

Oh well...any thoughts...Jeff

Reactions: KOLIO
Hello.
Well I'm running CM7, NO COMPLAINTS. It's running with no glitches, BUT I noticed with the last couple releases, the MMS works just fine, BUT:

The sending party, HAS to add a "Subject Line" or I WILL NOT receive it. If they attach a pic, put a subject line, comes right thru. No subject line, it's like it never existed.

For me sending same, IF I send a pic OR a msg >160 Characters, if I do NOT put a subject line, it bounces back "COULD NOT BE SENT NOT A VALID #"

THEN, I add a subject line and boom, no problem at all, goes right thru?

When I hit add subject, it even comes up and says, converting to MMS.

The stock ROM did that when you exceeded 160, not sure about the pix.

It's not a prob. BUT if the person sending me a pic does not know to do it, I won't receive and they will NOT get a bounce back so they will think I got it, that's the only problem.

Oh well...any thoughts...Jeff

Sorry don't have that problem, just tested and they sent. Wouldn't have a clue to even know where to start to trouble shoot that. Hope someone figures it out for you.
There was a new build released today, and suppose to be another later today, maybe tomorrow. You may want to try those. If you are already on the latest build, maybe a reflash is in order.

Upvote 0
Are you on Metro or Cricket? If you're on Metro, you need to flash the MetrOff fix.

No, I'm on Cricket. Like I said it does work just fine, but it's getting confused if it's an MMS, and the Subject Line for some reason forces MMS. I remember even Cricket stock, a one line sms, WITH a subject line, converted it to MMS...Odd?

Thanks though....Jeff

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones