1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange new fault

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Crazycastle, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Crazycastle

Crazycastle Lurker

When I plug the aux in to headphone jack and car, then go to spotify and press play, google assistant rears its ugly head. I've turned it off via google settings but it still appears everytime. this is a new issue as of saturday gone, it always worked before.
    Any ideas would be welcomed.
    TIA

CC

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

I bet it is your cable. This has happened to me as well, but with headphones.

To test this, plug it in, and wiggle it where it plugs in.

If Google Assistant rears its ugly head, you found the problem.
    Get a new cable.

It may also be the jack itself.

If the cable checks out, or a new cable doesn't fix the issue, then the jack could be worn out.

If that is the case, then you can either get it repaired, or figure out a way to connect wirelessly.

There are devices that connect to an aux jack that receive audio via bluetooth, and that should solve the issue.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. Crazycastle

Crazycastle Lurker

thanks for the reply, but i think its software/update related. Cable is tested fine. It only happens when I press play on spotify with the lead in. last week it was fine, then some updates later and its not. Hopefully its not an isolated issue and they fix it soon. Think I'll look into these adapters you mentioned.

CC

4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Are you stating Google Assistant is automatically starting up when you start the Spotify app?
    If so, go into your Settings >> Apps menu, find and open the Spotify app entry, and look in its 'open by defaults' option. Use Clear defaults if needed as maybe the Spotify app was inadvertently linked to trigger Google Assistant.

ocnbrze likes this.

Galaxy S9 Forum

The Galaxy S9 release date was March 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2018
Release Date
Reviews