1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange noise during phone calls with earphones.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Eudoxia, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Eudoxia

Eudoxia Lurker

When I'm in a phone call, and try and take it with wired or Bluetooth earphones (neither have a mic), a high pitched static or buzzing noise constantly sounds until I disconnect the earphones. The call works fine on my cars Bluetooth connection and the Bluetooth earphones didn't do this with my old phone, a Huawei Ascend G7. Both sides of the call hear the noise. Any ideas? It's a G5S Plus that I bought new earlier this month (January 2018). Apart from googling, this is the first thing I've tried.

#1 Eudoxia, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Does you car's BT system include a mic, or are you relying on the phone's mic there as well? Asking because the obvious thing in common between your wired and BT headphones is the lack of a mic, which means it must be trying to use the phone mic together with the headphone output. If the car has its own mic then that would be a clear difference between the 2 setups.

A high-pitched buzzing sounds like leakage or interference from the radio with something, and if it happens with both wired and wireless headphones it must be something internal to the phone. Not completely clear to me what it could be though.

3. Eudoxia

Eudoxia Lurker

I just tried another Bluetooth earpiece and 2 wired earphones and these worked completely okay. Just to make sure, I tested the 2 pairs that made the noise and they still did it. None of these (apart from the car) have mics. So it seems to be specific with those two (one wired one not) and my phone. (as we plugged the problematic ones into another phone and there was no problem).

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Which is even weirder: two headphones based on different technologies, but not others using the same connections.

I'll let you know if anything occurs to me, but right now nothing does.

Motorola Moto G5 Plus Forum

The Motorola Moto G5 Plus release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 2-4GB RAM, Snapdragon 625 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews