• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strange noise when using case

I got the Puregear Dualtek case for my LG G3 and I've noticed recently that when putting the phone in it makes a strange kind of interference on the speakers. Is this damaging my phone?

I guess the logical question would be why would you keep a case that causes interference to the speakers, whether or not it might cause damage. Just the esthetic of listening is sort of affected..you think? However, I would think that it would affect battery life since the speaker is working twice as hard due to the impedance of the case. Might also cause it to run hotter and possibly lead to a blown speaker. Not worth using the case in my opinion.:vamp::questionmark:

Upvote 0
I guess the logical question would be why would you keep a case that causes interference to the speakers, whether or not it might cause damage. Just the esthetic of listening is sort of affected..you think? However, I would think that it would affect battery life since the speaker is working twice as hard due to the impedance of the case. Might also cause it to run hotter and possibly lead to a blown speaker. Not worth using the case in my opinion.:vamp::questionmark:

I think what he is saying that it only makes the noise for the brief seconds he is inserting the phone in the case. Once in, no noise.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones