• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange occurrence

markdoc

Android Expert
Jun 28, 2011
Suburb of New York City, NY, USA
I just discovered a repeatable, possible glitch. I guess, it isn't terrible but more strange. Under Display settings, there is a heading called "Home touch buttons". Then the heading, "Hide Home touch buttons". That's the list that controls which app has the buttons showing and which apps hide the buttons. I have all my apps show the buttons. I've found that every once and awhile, my calendar and email apps hide the buttons for no apparent reason & not at the same time. No big deal. I go to the list and turn all the apps on & then off to make sure I didn't miss an app. I also use an installed keyboard app. After I flip the buttons on & off, my keyboard changes to the default keyboard and I have to manually change it back. Very strange.

Reactions: dfo1906
Odd indeed.
I keep mine shown also, but have never had an issue. Do you have the show/hide buttons icon enabled??
I do have the "Show lock/hide button " on, but I didn't know what it did. So I left it alone. Capture+_2019-04-29-21-09-30.png

Upvote 0
Could be simple case of compatibility.

3 button setup is the reason I chose not to add the screen capture button. Had it on one of my tablets and had a ton of screenshots. (Just a side note)

BTW what keyboard are you running?
It seems like we are alike. I tried the capture button too and dropped it for the same reason.
Anyway, I use the Smart Keyboard Pro. The main reasons are:
1. Customizable
2. Additional languages
3. An excellent ability to create & use macros.
That's the biggy. I have 4 or 5 signatures that I enter with 4 keystrokes. One is 8 lines. I use it for phrases that I use often. Customizable spell correction and on & on. I love it.
Here's the trial version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.cdeguet.smartkeyboardtrial
and the pay:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.cdeguet.smartkeyboardpro
Try it, you'll like it! (I used tili to add the phrase)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones