1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange photo files possible snooper app HELP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kylie1995, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Kylie1995

Kylie1995 Lurker

Hi everyone, this is my first post here so I apologize if there are issues!

Recently there have been strange weather notifications appearing on my phone (Moto G, 1st Gen). I don't have a weather app installed. Tonight, I noticed a strange photo file on my phone called 'Snooper', and it was just a photo of a blurry finger that looked accidentally taken. I did not take this photo. Does anyone have any idea what is happening here? Is this a virus? How do I get rid of it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. I recently had what I think is the same issue on a phone that I was fixing for somebody else (Google search listed this post in one of the results). In my case it turned out to be the 360 Security Pro app which has a new feature that was enabled called "Intruder Selfie" where it activates the front facing camera to take a photo if the applock pattern is entered incorrectly 3 times. You can disable this feature in the AppLock settings for 360 Security.

I'm not sure about the weather notifications, but I suppose you can check whether there are any widgets or other apps enabled or updated recently.

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) release date is unknown..Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown.
Release Date
Reviews