• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange photo files possible snooper app HELP

Kylie1995

Lurker
Jul 31, 2017
Hi everyone, this is my first post here so I apologize if there are issues!

Recently there have been strange weather notifications appearing on my phone (Moto G, 1st Gen). I don't have a weather app installed. Tonight, I noticed a strange photo file on my phone called 'Snooper', and it was just a photo of a blurry finger that looked accidentally taken. I did not take this photo. Does anyone have any idea what is happening here? Is this a virus? How do I get rid of it?

I recently had what I think is the same issue on a phone that I was fixing for somebody else (Google search listed this post in one of the results). In my case it turned out to be the 360 Security Pro app which has a new feature that was enabled called "Intruder Selfie" where it activates the front facing camera to take a photo if the applock pattern is entered incorrectly 3 times. You can disable this feature in the AppLock settings for 360 Security.

I'm not sure about the weather notifications, but I suppose you can check whether there are any widgets or other apps enabled or updated recently.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones