1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Strange powering up issue....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by robbyslady, Jul 7, 2010.

1. robbyslady

robbyslady Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Texas
    The past 2 nights I have turned off my phone as usual....don't need mine on at night...and I make sure I get the power off screen and hit ok.....well both of the following mornings I get up and go to turn it on when I leave for work and the phone is already on. It appears it has been on for some time as the battery has drained at least 20 %.

Any one else experience this and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Accountant and semi-pro poker player
    Upstate NY
    Next time, turn it off, then take out the battery just to be 100% sure something isn't locking the phone up during shut down. If the behavior continues, it could be a software issue, uninstall apps that affect the system (task killers, boot apps, etc) and if you can't find the problem app, you may have to do a hard reset.

3. robbyslady

Jun 16, 2010
    Texas
    Thanks....I will have to try that.....last night I turned it off while I was brushing my teeth and when I was done I noticed it was on again but with a different scene not my saved one.....crazy!

Also noticed that it will not do it if I have it turned off and charging....even crazier!

4. robbyslady

Jun 16, 2010
    Texas
    Well as of today there have been no further incidents of it doing this so I guess it corrected itself.....whew!

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Accountant and semi-pro poker player
    Upstate NY
    Glad to hear it!