1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Strange PRL

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phreak311, Apr 28, 2012.

1. phreak311

phreak311 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 24, 2012
    Male
    West Virginia
    My PRL says i'm on 1102. Just yesterday it said something that started with a 6, but it was 5 digits, not 4. And I've also noticed today that when I turn on roaming from Marky Beats ROM that I can connect to a Verizon tower in 1x and make a phone call and it goes though. The triangle icon shows up above the signal meter to indicate i'm roaming. I also get terrible Boost/Sprint Signal at my house, but Verizon signal here is excellent, and when it has the triangle icon above the signal meter, i have full signal. So that is why i'm assuming i'm on a verizon tower. I can still make phone calls as well while the roaming indicator is present. If I walk outside, my phone returns to 3G on the sprint network with no roaming indicator. Tell me your thoughts...

Advertisement

2. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Android Expert
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    Self-Employed
    U.S.
    Definitely weird, unless you may be on sprint instead of boost. Sprint allows roaming when boost will not even let u. A normal boost and sprint would have 5 digit prls. Boost default is 61007. Sprint would be the same digits but not numbers

3. phreak311

None

Mar 24, 2012
    Male
    West Virginia
    I'm a Boost Customer. I'm on the $55 Android Unlimited Plan. I thought it was weird too! But I'm telling you, I am able to make and receive calls while roaming! Thanks to your ROM giving me the ability to turn it on. I was messing with settings in the hidden menu's yesterday, and I messed something up. I wasn't able to connect to 3G anymore. They pushed a bunch of stuff to my phone, and i'm assuming one of them was the strange PRL I have. I got my 3G back only after doing a full reset. Is there anything i can take a screenshot of to give you more insight into it? Perhaps while my phone is roaming? It's only 1x when i'm roaming. But I can surf the web. I was wanting to push another PRL to my phone but my computer says the trial period for CDMA workshop has expired. Bummer.

4. phreak311

None

Mar 24, 2012
    Male
    West Virginia
    61007 is the PRL I had before I called boost customer care today. They told me on the phone they were pushing a PRL to my phone, among other things to try to get my 3G working again.

5. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2012
    Truck Unloader
    How the hell did you get your Boost phone to roam? I can force mine to roam and connect to Verizon, but my calls won't go through since it says I don't have an account. :p

6. phreak311

None

Mar 24, 2012
    Male
    West Virginia
    I have no idea. That's what i'm trying to figure out. My house has terrible Sprint signal, and when I had that PRL pushed the other day, I noticed a roaming indicator in my house. I made a call while the roaming indicator was on, and it connected, and the roaming indicator was still on. And while i'm in 1x roaming I have data too. It's really slow, but hey, it's still data. So if you guys can suggest anything that I can show you to try to figure this out i'm all ears...

The fact is i'm able to make calls while my phone is roaming. It would be nice to figure out if it is the PRL they pushed to my phone or something else so we can share the info.

I used to have have an actual Sprint contract. I had the HTC Hero and the HTC Evo. And I used to force my phone to roam on Verizon towers because they have such great coverage where I live and Sprint has crappy service. So I'm certain the roaming i'm experiencing on my Boost Marquee has to be Verizon. Besides nTelos, Sprint and Verizon are the only CDMA carriers in my area I believe.

7. phreak311

None

Mar 24, 2012
    Male
    West Virginia
    I pulled the PRL that allows me to 1x roam off of my phone. If anyone would like to try it please let me know how to upload it to you.

Tags: