1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support strange problem,anyone please advise.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by les127, Aug 12, 2013.

1. les127

les127 Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2013
    ok,here we go......i have a samsung galaxy s4 and a samsung smart tv in the house,my wife has an iphone and an ipad.......i have a wireless router for our devices.i recently have started to have a problem,in that i lose my wifi connection on my smart tv and my samsung galaxy ,but the wife is still getting the wifi on her apple products,ie phone and ipad,has confused me no end?anyone know what the problem is.hope someone can fathom it out for me,thanx les

Advertisement

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Mostly retired
    Kansas City, Mo.
    Unplug the power to the router for 30 seconds, reconnect power, wait about 2 minutes and try again.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Hello Les. Welcome to the forums.

As Crashdamage tells you, the router may simply need a reboot of sorts. Some routers accomplish that in the manner mentioned: via unplugging and then plugging back in after a bit, while other routers have a special "reset" slide switch on the back or bottom, and some even have a small pin-hole for insertion of a pin to reset the device to factory default settings.

The main thing you want to accomplish is having your devices all on the network, which means some additional settings may be required on the router and perhaps the Android devices (the most obvious being a key phrase or password ;)).

Let us know how the unplug/reset goes. If it works, there you go. If not, we'll get you going with more detailed info/advice. :)

Crashdamage likes this.
  4. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Owensboro, KY
    IP address conflicts can cause this, if devices 'steal' another device's IP address this can cause the router to crash or cause two devices to lose connectivity. Usually this happens when the amount of available addresses is set too low.

5. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Welcome aboard. :)

Hopefully we were able to assist you in a positive manner.

I moved your thread to its support forum where other users of this device may chime in to assist you further.

6. les127

les127 Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2013
    just an update,i unplugged router for 5 mins then switched it back on ,and all appliances worked,then about 2 hours later it happens again.!!!!.by the way thanks for taking time to help me

when im back up and running the wifi signal on top is grey with a down arrow below and a up arrow below.dont know if this is of any relevance,ive only had the phone a 2 weeks,thanks again

7. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

Is your wireless channel set to auto or a fixed number? If it's on auto, try a fixed number and see if that improves things. If it's fixed, switch it to auto and see.