1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Strange Problem not on the bug list

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GaryK2, Oct 12, 2011.

1. GaryK2

GaryK2 Newbie
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    Male
    CEO - Tech4Mfg
    Monroe,NC
    When I connect with the Standard Dock or Webtop travel Adaptor and sometimes with usb to my computer: The touch screen does not respond. Even stranger, I found out by accident while on a call to Motorola that if I use my finger nail it will work, just not smooth. I did not think a finger nail was supposed to work. Motorola told me to go to the Verizon store and see if any other device had the issue. Verizon said they could not connect to webtop and as expected the usb did not have any issues.
    Is this my phone only or are there any others with the same issue?
    I was thinking of getting a replacement, but they said I could only get a referb:( He told me a finger nail would not work, so I demoed it for him.
    He told me to wait for the Nov updates, but I don't see anything like this on the list.

Advertisement

2. GaryK2

GaryK2 Newbie
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    Male
    CEO - Tech4Mfg
    Monroe,NC
    Am I the only person using the Webtop travel adaptor with Windows 7?

3. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    I have to admit ... it beats me ...

Why would anyone ever use this to attache to a PC? Why dond't you just run the USB cable form PC to Bionic?

... Thom

4. PetiePal

PetiePal Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    I'm experiencing this as well.

-Motorola Bionic is connected to wall AC charger. When I try to type in landscape mode the keyboard doesn't seem AS touch sensitive. I really have to be pronounced in my presses etc.

I remember the Droid 2 or HTC Incredible had issues with touch sensitivity and something to do with how the phone was "grounded" when in car dock mode etc.

Perhaps this is related?

5. GaryK2

GaryK2 Newbie
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    Male
    CEO - Tech4Mfg
    Monroe,NC
    No good reason. I just wanted to see what id does.
    However, as I said when connected with a usb cable to my computer, the screen will not respond or very pourly.

6. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    I just tried my Bionic connected with USB and there is no difference that I can see in the responsioveness of touching the screen.

My Bionic is set in USB Mass Storage mode. Is yours?

... Thom

7. mahashel

mahashel Member
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    I do not have the lapdock, but I've definitely encountered the inconsistent touchscreen performance when the phone is docked.
    I use my Bionic as an alarm clock. I have my buttons assigned as "snooze" and the only way to disable the alarm is to swipe my finger across the bottom edge of the screen. This is nearly impossible especially while docked. The screen will register touch for a moment and then give up, sometimes it will act like I'm tracing an erratic pattern across the screen, and other times it registers nothing at all. I'd say I have a 20% alarm-disable rate, and that's not just because I'm usually half-asleep at the time. :p
    It's pretty annoying. Touchscreen response is MUCH smoother and more reliable while undocked.