1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange Problem:Samsung Galaxy Ace gets charged without plugged in!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TricksJunction, Apr 16, 2012.

1. TricksJunction

Hi folks, this is Saif Mobhani posting on androidforums for the first time.
    I recently upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Ace to Gingerbread 2.3.6 from Kies and found the changes quite good. However, my problems began when my phone started showing the "Charging Battery" symbol at the top-right corner of the phone even when the charger was not in sight. Initially I ignored it but then it didn't go away unless I rebooted my phone and after a while it returned. I googled a lot and came across an article which said that we need to clear the partition cache after upgrading. I did the entire process but still I am facing this problem. The charging symbol was still Okay but today it crossed the limits...
    I was surfing on my PC and my phone was on the PC-table just beside the screen and suddenly I heard a notification pop-up tone, when I saw the phone it said "Phone fully charged, Unplug the charger!" I was fully numb, for a moment I thought is it some spirit or something but I guess its a bug which is getting on my nerves. When I last checked my phone the "Battery Indicator" was showing me 85% charging and after the incident it was 100% and the notification of "unplug charger" is still not gone.

If an expert here could help then I won't have to go to Samsung Gallery!

Thank You.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TricksJunction

And also once it is switched off, it won't switch on unless plugged in! :/

3. laurent hiver

laurent hiver Lurker

This is happening to me too since yesterday!

4. EmoBoiix3

EmoBoiix3 Newbie

It a problem with your USB. You might need to send it for service.

5. martinlaw284

martinlaw284 Lurker

Sure you aint got any dodgy apps

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews