• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange problem

This is a strange problem, Whenever I plug in & unplug my ear piece my music starts playing (ringtones I have downloaded) How do I stop this? Seems to happen almost every time I unplug my ear piece, Its anoying! And sometimes it will start playing them when i plug it in also. It happened once when I was on a call and I lost the call because of it.. Please help.

I'm having the same problem. I use the music player early in the day while exercising, then stop it by pressing pause. If I later make a phone call using the headset plugged into the socket on top, when I unplug the headset after completing the call the music player begins playing through the speaker although the player isn't visible. It doesn't happen every time, and it doesn't seem to matter whether I exit the phone function or not before unplugging. I don't have a clue about why it's happening or what I have to do to prevent it.

Upvote 0
The easiest way to do it would be to get the advanced task killer. Search for it in the market, it's free.

Once it installs, open it up and it'll give you your selections, make sure music is checked, then click kill selected apps. As long as ATKiller is checked it will also kill the app so it's not running in the background.

There's a more complicated way to kill the music player, but i figure you want to easy way, so...yea.

As far as deleting music... Menu>all programs>music. Click the button on the bottom left corner of the screen that looks like 3 lines. Find whatever you're looking to delete and long press it until the pop up comes up. click delete and confirm. You're done.

An easier way to do this would be to mount it to your pc and add/delete whatever music you want...

Reactions: AndroidNEW-B
Upvote 0
I appreciate the responses but the problem isn't stopping the music. I can easily run ATK, which I do have, or bring up the music player and stop it. The problem is that the music player starts running at all. When I'm out in public I don't want the music player to randomly start playing through the speaker after I finish a phone call with my headset. And I don't want to have to run ATK before making a call to make sure that music player isn't active. (Actually I don't know if that will work anyway - I'm not sure if the player has to be active for it to start up after a call.)

Upvote 0
Ok. When i plug my headphones in nothing happens except showing that they're plugged in on the notification bar. When i hit play on my music player, music plays through the, then upon removing the headphones the music player automatically pauses. I'm using the music player widget from uhhhhhhhh... Android. Which one are you using? If you're using one of the HTC ones try the android one, maybe that will fix the problem?

Upvote 0
I'm using the stock HTC music player and listening to it with a bluetooth headset. Nothing unusual happens at that end except for the presumably unrelated problem that sometimes the sound stops even though the player's counter continues to run and I have to reboot the phone to get the sound back.

When I'm finished listening I press pause on the player and back-arrow out and go about my day's business. At some later point I make a call using a wired headset plugged into the socket on the top of the phone. I end the call with by pressing End call. Sometimes I go back to the home screen, sometimes I let the screen time out on the phone screen - I haven't been able to link the problem to a particular pattern of behavior. But whatever I might do, when I afterwards unplug the headset from the socket the music player sometimes resumes playing what I had been playing earlier. The player screen doesn't appear - I have to press the player widget to bring it up so that I can pause it again. It doesn't happen every time - perhaps one time out of three.

The wired headset is by Body Glove. I got it around the same time I upgraded to 2.1, so I can't say whether this is related to the new version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones