1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JOB15, Dec 30, 2011.

1. JOB15

JOB15 Lurker

Hi, i have an HTC Incredible S. I've had this handset for about a year now and love it btw. A week or two ago it upgraded to android 2.3.5 and since then ive had a wierd problem that Vodafone cant help me with.
    I leave my house every day to head out. At a certain point on my train journey i receive a message saying "028" but its not like a normal text , this is in a small box which says "save" or "delete". So i either save,delete or ignore and seconds later i get another and then another. This continues until im returning home and pass the same point geographically . This gets on my nerves because im trying to listen to my tunes on the phone. My wi-fi / 3G ,blue tooth is all turned off. I've written to HTC but while i wait for a responce, probably unhelpfull im guessing , i thought id try a forum. Has anyone els come across this problem... Cheers :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JOB15

JOB15 Lurker

Thank you for contacting HTC regarding your Incredible S

I understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with [ADD CONTENT].

It would seem that Cell broadcast has enabled itself during the update, to disable this please carry out the following steps;

To turn Cell Broadcast messages on or off, do the following:

1. From the home screen, tap Menu.
    2. Tap Settings.
    3. Tap Call.
    4. Scroll down and uncheck Cell Broadcast.
    ///sweet///

3. Mahgong

Mahgong Lurker

Hi there -just this. In my danish Settings" in "Call" i dont find the "Cell Broadcast". But theres ia a CB one can check/uncheck - is that the one ( Cell Broadcast ) ? And should it be left "unchecked" ?

KindlyRegards / Mahgong / Denmark

1. From the home screen, tap Menu.
    2. Tap Settings.
    3. Tap Call.
    4. Scroll down and uncheck Cell Broadcast.
    ///sweet///

4. tpbklake

tpbklake Well-Known Member

Yes that is probably the one.

5. The Bops

The Bops Lurker

Thank you for this solution to the SMS 50 & location calls, they have been most annoying. The forum is great way to resolve problems!

HTC Incredible S Forum

The HTC Incredible S release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews