• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange Problem

Azone

Lurker
Apr 21, 2010
Alright, so I have a MyTouch 3G rooted with Cyanogenmod. It's been working flawlessly for months. However, a few hours ago, I rebooted it (helps in keeping the phone running smoothly) but after the reboot, I entered my unlock pattern and somehow ended up in the setup/activation screen. Seemed a bit odd, but I went with it and it synced my Google account. I am then greeted to the stock Cyanogenmod home layout (albeit with my original wallpaper). My icons and widgets are no longer present. Also, all of the application data is gone (playlists, browser history, game scores) but all applications are still there and the SD card is untampered. But, worst of all, almost every application force closes when I try to use them. Some still work, but most don't. Any ideas on what caused this problem? I presume I'm going to have to reinstall Cyanogen to fix this.

Thanks

Alright, so I have a MyTouch 3G rooted with Cyanogenmod. It's been working flawlessly for months. However, a few hours ago, I rebooted it (helps in keeping the phone running smoothly) but after the reboot, I entered my unlock pattern and somehow ended up in the setup/activation screen. Seemed a bit odd, but I went with it and it synced my Google account. I am then greeted to the stock Cyanogenmod home layout (albeit with my original wallpaper). My icons and widgets are no longer present. Also, all of the application data is gone (playlists, browser history, game scores) but all applications are still there and the SD card is untampered. But, worst of all, almost every application force closes when I try to use them. Some still work, but most don't. Any ideas on what caused this problem? I presume I'm going to have to reinstall Cyanogen to fix this.

Thanks

Try another reboot. If it does not help, you'll have to reflash the rom. I one of your file got corrupted.

Upvote 0
Tried multiple reboots with no luck. However, I have noted that the applications seem to work again after reinstallation (except for one clock widget). Thing is though, even if I do go forth and reflash Cyanogen, I don't want something like this to happen again. I'm trying to figure out what I did that could have caused it. Is it possible I have too many applications (~100)? I remember reading something about that.

Upvote 0
Tried multiple reboots with no luck. However, I have noted that the applications seem to work again after reinstallation (except for one clock widget). Thing is though, even if I do go forth and reflash Cyanogen, I don't want something like this to happen again. I'm trying to figure out what I did that could have caused it. Is it possible I have too many applications (~100)? I remember reading something about that.

Installing a number of apps would just give you an error of low memory. It should not make this happen.

Upvote 0
Didn't think it would, but I remember reading something about a 70 app bug or something. Was probably on the Hero.

And just making sure, all I'll have to do is go into recovery, wipe, load the ROM and the base image on the SD card, install the base image, and then install the ROM? (Just double checking to see if I'm not missing anything).

Upvote 0
Didn't think it would, but I remember reading something about a 70 app bug or something. Was probably on the Hero.

And just making sure, all I'll have to do is go into recovery, wipe, load the ROM and the base image on the SD card, install the base image, and then install the ROM? (Just double checking to see if I'm not missing anything).

yup. once that is done, take a nandroid backup and titanium backup for all your apps.

Reactions: Azone
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones