1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by waitingtoderail, Oct 25, 2014.

1. waitingtoderail

Hello all,

I just got my LG Volt a few weeks ago and love it, however a strange issue has surfaced where the boot screens start up and run over and over again, draining the battery. This happens ONLY during the middle of the night and whether the phone is face-up or face-down.

Edit: Also, FYI, the phone is on when this happens. No reason to boot up.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Yeah, that is weird. You're completely stock, not rooted or anything? Are you on v3 or v4? The only thing I can maybe think of is it's trying to update and getting stuck or something. Have you tried a factory reset?

3. waitingtoderail

Hi, thanks! No, it's rooted, it's a Virgin Mobile phone. I have not tried a factory reset, I will though. It's just strange that it only happens at night.

4. jeffmd

jeffmd Well-Known Member

Yea something nicked its stability. Also since you rooted, I would use the ROM to reflash your phone instead of just a factory reset in case you damaged or deleted something important. Factory resets only delete user data, they do not restore OS files.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews