1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root strange problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vidiot1, Jan 14, 2012.

1. vidiot1

vidiot1 Lurker
    None

Nov 8, 2010
    This is what i went through that i posted in the wrong section:

[​IMG] strange problems
    Thanks in advance,
    I have scowered the internet for 2 days looking for someone whoe had the same issues as me and i can't find anyone, here's the deal.

My fascinate dropped in water and died, i got a used X from an authrized resaler running 2.3.3 (non rooted)

1) Calendar- the phone will sync gmail with my contacts and gmail but for the calender it keeps saying "sync is currently experiencing problem.It may be back shortly"
    This will not allow the calender to function
    Ive tried downloading 3rd party apps but every time it says"No Calenders"
    2) It wont access the SD card for ringtone, music or pictures. I have tried reinstalling it, unmounting it formatting it and even tried a new card . if you go to files, you can see the card but the phone will not go to it.
    Example- if you want to change the ringtone it doesn't list any.
    3) camera- same as above. you can take a picture but when you click the bottom box to go to it, it does nothing. If i got to files,Dcim/camera i can see them.
    Basically it wont communicate or recognize it.
    Does anyone know what this can be??

By the way i have tried a hard reset already several times
    Thanks again,Brian

Response

hi vidiot1, here is what i want you to do, and it may fix your problem :)
    i think your on the wrong GB version, i think its 2.3.5, but im not 100% sure

go to this link
    [TUTORIAL]Simple Gingerbread .602 SBF and Root Process (Updated 9.9.11)

it will require you to root, but have no fear, you wont be rooted for long,

i want you to sbf your phone back to stock, with that stock image, then once you have followed those directions, and you are back to square 1 with your phone, log in, then look for the .605 update through the software update search or whatever it is :p

update, then try everything again.

this is a surefire method to see if you have a faulty system image in your phone, and if the problem follows you into this new system image, then it will be a problem with the phone, as most problems with the DX are winding down to a point where they are no longer common.

if you need help, post in all things root, and we can walk you through step by step.

OK

I figured all that out but when i go to update the phone i get the error
    "The software update failed"
    Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
  3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    i think i asked him to post here if he had any questions, cause i was the one to respond to him.

ok vidiot, i must ask, did you sbf your phone? cause you should be on stock gingerbread after you sbf, and then you should be able to do an OTA update that way.