1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Strange question... best ROM for business(?)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by egernant, Aug 2, 2011.

1. egernant

egernant Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    My Incredible has been rooted for a while now and I've tried a variety of Sense and Vanilla ROMs, never really settling on anything for long. I just got a job in finance and due my need to get company emails (using the Good for Enterprise app) on my Incredible at all times of day, I've had to cut back on flashing roms and really need my phone to be as stable as possible. I have been using Cyanogenmod 7.1RC but had some issues with the lock screen (both with and without widget locker) and general problems with the phone responding to me trying to wake it up. I'd almost always have to hit the power button 3 times to wake it up. I switched to IncRom (newest version) yesterday and though I love the look and feel of the ROM, it crashed on me (could be because I deleted the facebook.apk file because I hated the look of the modded facebook.

I use ADW and beautiful widgets, so I don't really have a preference between Sense and Vanilla (though I hate Vanilla's dialer and contacts apps). I need something quick, stable, with strong performance and a very low chance of problems arising. Honestly, I need a ROM that I won't feel the need to update within the next 6 months or so.

For those of you who hate reading and skipped to the bottom, please help me find a fast, stable ROM that isn't buggy, won't randomly reboot, doesn't need constant updating, and overall is suitable for use in a business setting.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. mmolitor87

mmolitor87 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    Collinsville, IL, USA
    We'll -likely- be getting an update within the next 6 months. If you're interested in that, keep it in mind. -Likely- being a very key word.

For most stability you're probably going to want to stay as close to stock as possible, or find a ROM with really amazing support.

Now that that's been said...

http://androidforums.com/incredible...-rom-based-stock-release-now-gingerbread.html

Medion offers options for customizing the ROMs yourself. This includes stock, 'enchanced' (a few added features) and even a gingerbread ROM based on the may leak that appears to be completely stable thus far.

Most ROMs focus on Gingerbread. That's what most of my suggestions will be.

[ROM] |☆|P U R E|★|S P E E D|☆| V8 [Updated:18July2011] - xda-developers

Pure Speed is a ROM that is...fast. Pure 2.1 sense. The only issue I found is that the lockscreen won't show incoming calls. You have to unlock the phone completely in order to even see who is calling. If that bugs you, stay away.

[ROM] HTC Droid Incredible ADR6300 MIUI.us Presents MIUI 1.7.29 Pure English [AOSP] - xda-developers

http://forums.miui.us/showthread.ph...oid-Incredible-updated-05-17-2011-1-10PM-CDT&

Never used MIUI before but I've been tempted to give it a try. It's AOSP. Supposedly very powerful and customizable. Complete re-write of android and they have a video for features.

3. dnlwthrn

dnlwthrn Guest
    None
    Have you tried the older Cyanogen Roms? I've been running 7.0.2.1 on mine for a while and its been really stable. I can count on one hand the number of FCs I've had since flashing it, and haven't had any other real issues either. I tried Nils' gingersense for business, but found it slow and cumbersome. I also tried going back to the stock sense (rooted of course) but couldn't stand that either!

I also had issues when I tried CM7.1, and so switched back (again) to 7.0.2.1 and really don't have any complaints...