• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange Question

hitdog042

Dec 1, 2009
I know this is odd but maybe someone knows.

My nexus continues to miss calls. Today I noticed my iPhone 4 is still on plugged into the wall. Not active just powered on

Is there any way that is interfering? Is this why they say to power your old phone down before activating a new one?

I went in and turned the radio off but it hasn't been long enough to see if that was it.

Was just wondering of even tho it's not active maybe something gets confused.

Dumb question I know. But I'm running out of things to try. On my 2nd Nexus.

Yeah I turned off iMessage a long time ago. Yesterday my wife took her phone out and called 10x. It rang 6x.

Same problem with my first one. Different sim cards.

And I live in a very strong Verizon town. Dublin Ohio (Columbus) where the call and test center is.

It's frustrating when it finally rings and she's like " I've been trying to call for an hour"... And it never rang. Happens wherever I am. No one location. Happens here, happened in Florida. Crazy.

Upvote 0
Have you had the same problem with your iPhone? Maybe it's the network? I know my network sucks and ever since I owned my first Motorola phone like 10 years ago some text messages don't go through or don't get received (even with a full strength signal).. maybe you just haven't noticed it with other phones before or maybe it just started happening on the network?

Additionally you could try flashing the leaked 4.0.4 firmware and see if it helps

Upvote 0
You had the same problem on your first Gnex?

If you still have the Iphone, I would try switching back over to that for a day or so and do the same testing. Call it constantly and see if you miss any calls. If not, you may have just gotten really unlucky and received two bad gnex's. And try another? lol not ideal but seems possible but unlikely

already did that. Perfect 10/10. I'm using the iPhone now. I'm starting to think (from various other posts) there is a real signal issue and not a "fake" issue as VZW claims.

I'm not willing to try a 3rd Nexus. Life is too short to worry about this.

I tried a RAZR in between and also had no issues, but I didn't care for the RAZR too much.

I guess the Nexus goes to Craigslist. Too bad.

Upvote 0
You had the same problem on your first Gnex?

If you still have the Iphone, I would try switching back over to that for a day or so and do the same testing. Call it constantly and see if you miss any calls. If not, you may have just gotten really unlucky and received two bad gnex's. And try another? lol not ideal but seems possible but unlikely

do any of you have roaming turned on? I just called VZW and they told me it should be on.

Makes no sense. I think he was just trying to get me off the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones