1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange Rooting Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bigbrithesecon, Dec 30, 2012.

1. bigbrithesecon

I want to root my Galaxy S2. But the Baseband version is not anything like it is supposed to be. It is i9100NELP. I can't find a file to match that. Can anyone help me on sorting this please?

Bri

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Hi bigbrithesecon, and welcome to AF :)

You'll get the best help in the device's All Things Root forum. I think you have an "international" GSM model (i9100), so I'll move your thread to that forum. If I'm wrong, please send me a PM and I'll correct this.

Good luck,
    Hadron

3. bigbrithesecon

Thanks very much.

Bri

4. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Baseband, or modem, plays no part in rooting. For your choice of root kernel, see under, "The Root Kernel", in post #1 of, Rooting Galaxy S2 - Dummies Guide.

5. bigbrithesecon

Ah, this is starting to add up. So I have version 4.04. Am I on the right lines just to follow the instructions then?
    Bri

6. ironass

A lot better than trying to use your modem to root! ;)

7. bigbrithesecon

Ah too right. I got that off a utube thingy!! I am downloading the stuff. Only one thing, what does it mean when it states "have the tar file on your home screen"?
    Bri

8. ironass

Put it somewhere that you won't lose it and can navigate to using Odin.

9. bigbrithesecon

OK thanks. Will post later if I still have a phone or not!! I really need to disable this static gps thing which is stopping me geocaching and making it more tricky walking the Fells.
    Bri

10. bigbrithesecon

Thanks very much. Rooting completed successfully. Unfortunately with my luck, I have not been able to fix my problem. This being that the static navigation is very poor. There is an app to fix it but it does not work on my phone. This makes the phone poor for geocaching and Fell Walking. I will look around and post my prob in a more appropriate place to see if anyone know how to sort it.
    Bri

11. ironass

See here for step-by-step ways to improve your GPS location speed and fix.

I use Endomondo Sports Tracker, free from the Play Store, for walking, running, etc:

12. bigbrithesecon

Thanks once again. Will go check it out.

Bri

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews