1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Strange Samsung keyboard input issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bwwhite, Feb 19, 2013.

1. bwwhite

bwwhite Lurker
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    I have the Note 2 from T-Mobile. I love the swipe method of input on the default Samsung keyboard. However, I discovered a strange thing about it over the weekend.

No matter how carefully I swipe, the default keyboard will not recognize the word "Jesus". It doesn't even give it to me as one of the 8 choices it offers. If I switch to the official Swype keyboard, it recognizes it, no problem.

Does anyone else have this issue? How can I teach the Samsung keyboard to recognize the word "Jesus"?

Thanks!

Bruce

Advertisement

2. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me
    None

May 4, 2010
    Female
    PhiLLy
    It only recognizes the word and will come up again AFTER you've manually input it the first time. Restart the phone and you're right back at square one (I tried it for the purpose of replying to you since Jesus has never been swiped on my phone).
    Reasons for it's exclusion would be purely speculative.

3. SixtyDashOne

SixtyDashOne Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Hmm, is that to say that the Samsung keyboard loses its dictionary on restart?

I liked the Swype keyboard at first but it doesn't autospace or auto capitalize or anything in the web browser which is a real bummer so I've been using the Sammy keyboard.

4. BufordTJustice

None

Dec 3, 2012
    Male
    School
    Wisconsin
    My Samsung keyboard doesn't delete it's dictionary on restart... Though it does like to randomly capitalize words in the middle of a sentence and that's obnoxious.

5. badankles

badankles Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    USA
    Yes, why does it randomly capitalize words in the middle like that? ARGH!!!!