1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange SMS behavior

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by bluebird48, Sep 16, 2011.

1. bluebird48

bluebird48 Newbie

I have an HTC Inspire with Gingerbread. My friend has an LG Thrive with Froyo. Anyway, there is something very strange going on here...

The other day, my friend lets me look at his phone and there is a text message under my name (as if I'd sent it) but it had our landline number as the number it was sent to. How is that possible?. What's even more strange is that the message was completely nonsensical (something about "driving and throwing the pickles off in the lake so Jill can be fitted for a bra"). I sure as heck never sent that one and you can't send messages to a landline anyway.

Then today, I'm getting ready to send my friend a text message so I click on his name in my contacts, bring up the on-screen keypad and BAM...suddenly some text appeared in the message body out of nowhere as if I'd just typed it myself!. This message was also complete nonsense and said something about me buying my brother a Cuban sandwich and how he beat the **** out of me and had a bunch of crazy words jumbled together.

I do have the keypad with the little microphone icon which allows me to speak and the text then appears but this is appearing without me even touching the mic thing and I know it isn't a draft because I always carefully read and re-read what I say/or manually type into the SMS editor.

Has anyone else experienced this and what can I do to prevent this from happening?.

- Thanks for any input, BB

Advertisement