1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Strange stock lock screen behaviour after Jelly Bean update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jaydee77ca, Dec 11, 2012.

1. jaydee77ca

jaydee77ca Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Hi, I have a Rogers Galaxy S3 and updated to Jelly Bean on the weekend. I have been using Nova Launcher and Widget Locker with no issues since I got my Galaxy S3 a few months back. However, now I notice that either the stock wallpaper or stock lock screen flash on the display for a brief moment once in a while. It's the blue background with the dandelions on it.

Here's an example:
    1. Receive an SMS text notification
    2. Pull down the notification bar
    3. Click the notification
    4. Just before text app launches the stock lock screen flashes on the screen for a split second
    5. Text app launches

It doesn't happen all the time, but I'd say a good 50-75% of the time. And it's quite distracting.

I've also noticed that if I lock the phone by pressing the power button, then press the power button again to unlock the phone then WidgetLocker shows and I can slide to unlock.

However, while the phone is locked if I press the physical home button instead of the power button it turns on the phone and shows the home screen bypassing WidgetLocker. I don't remember it ever doing this before. Did something change? Or maybe I have a setting messed up somewhere?

Has anyone else had any of these kinds of issues?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. streetkilln

streetkilln Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2011
    i got an issue similar before the jellybean update.
    it would quickly flash my lockscreen wallpaper for a few secs when launching any app.

i tryed to change the wallpaper
    i tryed deleting the wallpaper
    i tryed to use a different lockscreen
    i tryed restoring the device.

none worked. but when update it went away.

3. jaydee77ca

jaydee77ca Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Winnipeg, Canada
  4. streetkilln

streetkilln Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2011
    i know how u feel . i had the issue. it was annoying a bit but i ignored it. i tryed to search the issue and found nothing.

5. CPngN

CPngN New Member

Jan 31, 2011
    California
    Same issue here. I'm rooted (temp unroot before the 4.1.1 VZW upgrade) and for a while, the superuser app had a bug which kept logging a popup notification every time the system (logged as "shell") did something at root level, which mostly seemed to correlate to me switching to a new app.

Now the popup is gone, and I see nothing in the superuser log since Dec 13, but the lockscreen background flashes in a similar manner when switching apps which aren't in active memory.

6. Ingrid22

Ingrid22 New Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Hello,
    Well How did u update ur galaxy s3 coz I'm too suffering from the same issue ad u did earlier. Tried everything factory reset, erased the memory card, phone memory, firmware upgrade and initialisation through Samsung Kies via pc but nothings working out. Please give me a solution to this problem. .. coz its really frustrating. Thanks