1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange stuck pixel

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Narek, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Narek

Narek Newbie

Yesterday I noticed a light blue stuck pixel. This was against a white background. So I went and got the lcd stuck pixel checker to see.
    When I ran the checker, this is what I saw. Under a red background, the pixel was solid black. Under a green background, unnoticable. Under a blue background unnoticable. Under a black background, unnoticable. Under a white background, light blue. Anyone have any idea what this may be? Anyone have similar problems? Just with my personal experience with dead/stuck pixels, the pixel should never change color even though the background changes color, am I right? This pixel seems to be changing colors and refusing to light under a red background... strange... any help? suggestions?

2. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast

How long have you had the phone? i'd take it back too shop and get it replaced

3. Narek

Narek Newbie

One month. Its such a microscopical that I noticed it only yesterday.
    I wonder if its possible to fix or to replace the display in the samsung service centre?

4. Riche101

best thing is to take it back to where you got it or get in touch with repair centre as its a hardware fault and you are still under warranty

5. Narek

Narek Newbie

I called samsung service centre and they told me that only the phones with more than 3 dead pixels could be replaced under warranty.
    Is there any way to add dead pixels?

6. Riche101

Dont think so, Have you spoken to the company you got it from you may have better luck with them

7. Narek

Narek Newbie

Yes. First of all I called the company where I got my phone.
    They told me to contact with Samsung service centre, because my phone on one year warranty there.
    When I called service centre they asked me how many dead pixels I have?
    I told them that I have 1 dead pixel and they said me that they can replace phone only if it has 4 and more dead pixels.
    I read on different forums too that its their policy. :(

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews