1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange text message being received

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ipodgeenie, May 14, 2011.

1. ipodgeenie

ipodgeenie Lurker

I'm not sure if this is an issue with Android, the Desire, or even my carrier - Orange UK, but I keep receiving a text message. It is not from a person, and the phone does not alert me when the message is received, but will tell me I have one new message if I look at the phone's messaging section. The message is a triangle sort of like ^, but longer and with a base, followed by @: The phone displays a SIM icon next to the message if I open it, and if I long press on the message and choose 'view message details' it tells me it is an SMS message is from [triangle symbol]@

I receive this message now and again, and I don't know why or what it is so I just wondered if anyone could shed some light on it and offer a possible solution.

Thanks.

2. nicmel

nicmel Well-Known Member

an issue with orange and voicemail alerts

you have a text message saved on your sim and android shows this as a new message whenever your phone boots.

Messages, menu->more-> settings-> manage SIM card messages. Long press on the offending message and choose delete.

Issue resolved - at least until someone else leaves you a voicemail :p

3. ipodgeenie

ipodgeenie Lurker

I have no text messages stored on my SIM. Do you have any other suggestions? :)

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews