1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange tone before placed call begins ringing?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by PhantomRider, Dec 20, 2011.

1. PhantomRider

PhantomRider Lurker

Ok, another mystery with this new phone -- Virgin Mobile LG Optimus Slider. When I place a call and hit dial, there's a weird (and quite shrill) tone, almost like the tone on an answering machine, that sounds before the call starts ringing.

What is this & how do I make it stop, if possible?

Thank you!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Android Expert

go into your sounds settings. You might have a Call Connect sound turned on.
    It's to notify you that the connection was made.

3. PhantomRider

PhantomRider Lurker

There's no such option. :thinking:

4. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Android Expert

how about call settings. My new phone doesnt have it, but i remember that option on my previous phone

5. PhantomRider

PhantomRider Lurker

Nope, I checked there, too.

Call settings only has: North American Dialing (checked), International Dialing (greyed out), and TYY mode (TYY off).

Sound settings only these: Silent mode (unchecked), Vibrate (only in silent mode), Volume.
    Incoming calls: Phone ringtone.
    Notifications: Notification ringtone.
    Feedback: Audible touch tones (checked), Audible selection (unchecked), Screen lock sounds (unchecked), Haptic feedback (checked), and Emergency tone (off).

In the meantime I've asked a friend about this, and he said that when your phone is being tapped, whoever is doing it is required by law to "make you aware" that you're being recorded, and that is done by sounding the "recording" tone prior to your call connecting. :thinking: Is that legit? It's a brand new phone and it's not like I'm doing anything I shouldn't be.