• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange Wifi Issue

MikeTyson

Nov 24, 2009
Ok so I've had the Droid since day one and have been using WIFI only when at my home via my wireless router... Everything working great, speed and all...

Stopped using it for a few days as just really wasn't playing too much with the phone lately and reached for it last night... I hit the WIFI widget I have and....... Nothing...

So I scratch my head and figure maybe the password got erased or something... I check it, it's there... I try to pick up a WIFI from my neighbors and it pops right into WIFI mode...

Try mine again, and nothing... Doesn't even try to switch from 3G to the WIFI symbol...

So I go in and manually try to connect to my router and notice it tries to connect then immediately switches to saying disconnected...

I figure, ok... Must be something with my router itself.. Break out the laptop and jamright into WIFI mode without so much as a hiccup...

Totally confused as to what the issue could be since the laptop (PS3 as well) are all working propely...

Anyone have any suggestions or having the same issue???

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Sorry so long-winded...

I remember seeing something about this somewhere else(droidforums.net maybe)

I think the person was able to fix it by turning on a setting in his router. I don't have exact details, so I appologize, but I believe the setting said something like "robust network". If I'm not mistaken, I think he was using an Apple Airport....which screams problem right away.

Anyhow, try fudging with your router settings(if you're savvy enough to get it working again after you bork it.)

Maybe try updating the routers firmware also.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones