1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stratosphere automatically deleting texts before I read them

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MylesTheGirl, Aug 7, 2013.

1. MylesTheGirl

MylesTheGirl Lurker

My phone will alert me that I have a text message. When I go to messages, it's not there.

I know that I received a message because of an app that puts an icon on my screen. Luckily I've assigned most of my friend's a contact photo so I can tell who's text was erased. So I have to text them and ask for them to resend their last text. Its annoying!

Is anyone else dealing with this? Is there a solution?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

Open the Message app, press Menu, and look at Storage Settings, I am guessing you have a limit set (500 is default I think), but not set to Auto-Delete. So the message comes in and gets thrown away because that contact is already full, turn on Auto-Delete and the oldest message will be discarded and the new one will take it's place (FIFO), or just increase the max or turn it off.

scary alien likes this.
  3. MylesTheGirl

MylesTheGirl Lurker

Thanks...I will try that. I have cleared out all my messages in the past and still have this issue. But I will try anyway. Nothing more embarrassing than asknig my boss to resend his text. :eek:

4. MylesTheGirl

MylesTheGirl Lurker

Darn! Didn't work. Still looking for a solution!

Samsung Stratosphere Forum

The Samsung Stratosphere release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1800mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews