1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Streaky photos

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Applejack77, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Applejack77

Applejack77 Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Hi,

I have been getting coloured streaks across all my photos taken with my HTC Hero recently. The streaks are noticeable over dark/black areas and cannot be seen over pale/white areas.

I notice that the streaks always run horizontally (when the picture is taken in landscape mode) and vertically on pictures taken in portrait mode.

It has not always been the case - looking back at my older photos, I can tell that this started happening between June and September. I can't therefore rule out that it may be connected to installing the upgrade to Android 2.1

I have tried cleaning the lens, this hasn't made a difference.

Is anyone else experiencing this or more importantly know if anything can be done to rectify this?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. spackler

spackler Member

Nov 18, 2010
    MKE
    can you post a before and after example?

3. Applejack77

Applejack77 Member

Jul 13, 2010
  4. spackler

spackler Member

Nov 18, 2010
    MKE
    That's a tough one to say. Maybe try adjusting, if possible, the image quality settings perhaps. It could be that your settings are stuck on a low light setting or somethign like that.

Applejack77 likes this.
  5. Applejack77

Applejack77 Member

Jul 13, 2010
    I looked at the settings and they all looked pretty standard. I tried the reset option, but the settings were the same afterwards.
    However, when I have just tested this, the streaks have gone and it all looks normal again.:D
    Many thanks for your help.

Tags: