1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stream android screen onto TV?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ppzhao, Dec 28, 2011.

1. ppzhao

ppzhao Newbie

I'm looking to get the NBA league pass for Android - it's the cheapest (legal) option to watch non-over the air live NBA games comparing to streaming it to PC or the NBA TV package. I'm looking for a way to stream it from my Android screen to the TV, but I have a Droid 2 and it doesn't have a TV out.

Things to consider: I have a fairly new TV with all the right jacks, but no wifi / bluetooth abilities. My TV is plugged into my laptop as a "monitor". If I can stream the phone's screen to my laptop, I should be able to get it onto my TV.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
    --Paul.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

Does your phone have an HDMI out or a MHL port (MHL is found on newer devices)? If so, you can just get a mini HDMI (or MHL) to HDMI cable and plug the phone directly into the TV.

Edit: I missed that it's a Droid 2. It has no HDMI out option, sorry.

3. The Droid 2 is apparently DLNA compliant meaning (if Im right) that it will stream to another DLNA compliant device. The PS3 is DLNA compliant, so theoretically you should be able to stream from the phone to the PS3 which would be connected to the tv.

Hope that makes sense.

4. ppzhao

ppzhao Newbie

I've looked up DLNA, it's only a way to share files across the same network. The PS3 can open a file on the phone and play it on TV, but it can't "stream" the phone's screen, which is streaming some video from another app. :(