1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stream video from phone to tablet

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Grrrrrrrrr, May 20, 2017.

1. Grrrrrrrrr

Grrrrrrrrr Newbie

Hey people,

I want to put a bunch of mp4's on my phone and be able to watch (not copy to) them on my tablet.

Why? Because my 64GB sdcard in my tablet is nearly full and the 32gb sdcard in my phone is nearly empty.

Both are formatted as internal so just swapping sdcards is not an option.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

PS Phone is Android 6.0, Tablet is Android 7.0

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. You can stream videos that you upload to Google Drive from any device. 15 gigabytes free with your google account.

3. Grrrrrrrrr

Grrrrrrrrr Newbie

Bg260 Your answer has nothing whatsoever to do with my question. I would appreciate it if you would delete it so people don't mistakenly think someone has answered "My question".

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

5. Grrrrrrrrr

Grrrrrrrrr Newbie

I don't have any problems opening media files, or any other kind of file, on my mobile devices that are stored on Windows PC's on my home network.

Maybe I'm asking the wrong question. Perhaps I need to figure out how to "Share" files on my android devices with the rest of my home network first.

PS The top 4 reviews of the airplay app on the play store say "Doesn't work". The apps you suggest seem to only be intended to stream online content from one device to another. Why would someone want to do that? They want to receive the content over 4g then stream it over WiFi? You could just tether to accomplish that.

6. Team Viewer app !

Dannydet likes this.
  7. Grrrrrrrrr

Grrrrrrrrr Newbie

Thanks, you understand my question. That app looks promising but.... it doesn't work.

I installed the team viewer on my tablet, then install the Quick Setup on my phone (per the instructions on the team viewer app page)
    On the phone I get an error saying the phone is compatible and to open a ticket but, I can't open a ticket unless I get the paid version.

Sounds fishy to me. "Our free product will work if you buy it"?