1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

streamin music?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jojo69, Nov 12, 2009.

1. jojo69

jojo69 Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Hey fellow droid owners,

As much as I like Pandora and such, I was wondering if anyone knew of an app that could play streaming radio from the net?
    And example: as with my computer, I can go to di.fm, and click any of 3 links (winamp, mediaplayer, aacplayer) and listen to the radio that way...

Is there a way to do the same with the droid? cuz that would be sweet!!

thanks...

edit: a little search on market found "mediaplayer" as an alternative... I am going to try out the trial version, but would still like to know if there is anythign out there and/or you'all experience with this matter.... ;)

Advertisement

2. gdphishman817

gdphishman817 Active Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Quincy, MA
    I've been using DroidLive. It's the official shoutcast player for android. Great UI. There's a paid and free version. I'm using the free one that just has ads. Works Great.

3. jojo69

jojo69 Member

Nov 10, 2009
    awsome, will check it out after work on my way home!!

thanks

4. MrShneeblie

MrShneeblie Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Anybody seen an alternate to Orbit - one that can stream music on your PC to your phone? I am using Gnote now and works great but only supports WiFi - no 3G....

5. Monochrome

Monochrome Member

Nov 6, 2009
    I use Tunewiki atm. Its an all in one music player/streamer. Not sure if it can load the winamp playlists like droidlive, haven't tested that yet. But it can search shoutcast for radio channels and last.fm.

I'll have to give droidlive a spin to see if its any better tonight, but tunewiki is an all in one... so it'll probably win out on my phone in the end. :p

6. polakatl

polakatl Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I like groove shark. It would be great to get an app for it. Unfortunately it is currently just a flash player that won't load on the Droid.