1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Streaming audio via calls

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ShaharGr, Jun 30, 2019.

1. ShaharGr

ShaharGr Lurker
    None

Jun 30, 2019
    Hi, i have an issue.
    I need to connect some audio device, it's an audio mixer actually, to my android device (via 3.5 jack or type C connector) to call to another device and play an audio from audio mixer to second device. By call.
    I've tried everything but it doesn't work.
    When I connecting 3.5 jack the device can't recognize it like line in. When I'm connecting type C connector with line in input I can record the sound with device audio recorder, but it doesn't work when I making a call.
    Any suggestions?

Thanx!

Advertisement

2. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Texas
    The experts on the forum will say..the reason doesn't work is because phone calls uses a non stereo channel..so when you play music switches back to the stereo channel..AM I CORRECT MY FRIENDS???

My suggestion..why don't you connect your mixer to the phone via Bluetooth??..if your mixer isn't Bluetooth..make it Bluetooth!!!

mikedt likes this.
  3. ShaharGr

ShaharGr Lurker
    None

Jun 30, 2019
    And you sure it's gonna work? I can connect the mixer output to Bluetooth device

4. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Texas
    I hope so..but then again..I'm not one of the experts, so I wouldn't know..lol

It doesn't hurt to try..but if it doesn't work, might be because Bluetooth devices also come with two different channels..the stereo and the non one..

If that's the case..what you could do is locate a technician guy with a phd in welding..he could work a mickey mouse on the Bluetooth device you attached to your mixer and make it just stereo..

That's what I would do if it was my project..I always take them to the end like there's nothing more important to do..

Let us know.