• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brettski15

Dec 4, 2012
Hi All

I have a weird issue with my Note 4 (CDN Rogers) Whenever I am in an App that requires data, wi-fi, and internet (MLB At Bat, Mix Cloud, Sound Cloud, other music apps and my Yamaha AV Receiver) After about 15 to 20 minutes of streaming the app shuts down. This is getting very annoying. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks is advance

Hi Brett,

On my phone I have only ever seen App Optimisation messages one time directly after installing a new OS version or patch. The fact that you are getting these continually would suggest that they are coming from some application. It would be good to know which one. This you could determine by long pressing the notification and selecting "App Info". This will take you to the info page for the app. There you can force stop the app to see if that helps resolve the issue.

The one other suggestion is that you boot your phone into safe mode and test again. If the streaming app still shuts down then you definitely have a 3rd party app that is killing it.

Regards,
Eric.

Reactions: javamann
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones