1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Streaming issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Alison Jacobs, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Alison Jacobs

Alison Jacobs Lurker

I have a pixel C, all of a sudden it stopped streaming or downloading videos/ programmes from my5, all4, itv.com. it will play trailers but not the actual programme. BBC I player is fine.

I assumed it was because it has stopped updating ages ago. . Rooted and flashed Android 10, with lots of help from this forum! Everything working fine as far as the OS and all apps are concerned but the issue is the same.

My Samsung mobile steams everything perfectly on the same WiFi network.
    Used my phone to tether, same problem.
    Tried every solution on the internet, no change.

Anybody got any ideas, please?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Reboot the router

mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Alison Jacobs

Alison Jacobs Lurker

I had already mentioned I had tried in a different network. This didn't make any difference.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

You say your Pixel C is rooted? Because I'm pretty sure that ITV Hub, My5, etc. will not stream on a rooted and modified device. BBC iPlayer isn't quite so fussy about what it's running on AFAiK.

5. Alison Jacobs

Alison Jacobs Lurker

What I actually said was it wasn't working at all so I rooted it and upgraded it but it still isn't working.

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

But it looks like there's some common factor with all three apps, "my5, all4, itv.com" and the Pixel C. Maybe worth you emailing the devs, and enquiring about it.

Of course I don't use these apps and I don't have a Pixel C, so I can't help you any more.

Google Pixel C Forum

The Google Pixel C release date was December 2015. Features and Specs include a 10.2" inch screen, 8MP camera, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra X1 processor, and 9240mAh battery.

December 2015
Release Date
Reviews