• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Streaming movies / TV shows?

Has anyone seem the 4g commercial with them using the netflix app(well acting like they are using it). While the guy is using his phone they show it with netflix on it and the audio in the background says something to the effect of, "watch live streaming videos straight to your phone." I have a feeling they might only stream them through 4g network which leaves us out to dry. Anyone else have more info on this?

I too have been waiting for this app but I'm starting to wonder if they will even make the Incredible compatible with it. Damn it!

Upvote 0
Check out Vplayer. It can play lots of formats, including divx and avi. Also, I have been able to stream video from the web on it. I'm still playing around with it to figure out the best settings. So far, I like it better than Rockplayer (no watermark and haven't had any sync issues). It also has some interesting features on it. You can control the screen brightness and volume by just swiping your finger up or down on either side of the screen. You can search by swiping your finger across the top. And you can change the aspect by pinch & zoom. It's still in beta, but overall a very impressive app.

Note: If you're having problems streaming videos, try adjusting the buffering time under settings.

Upvote 0
Has anyone seem the 4g commercial with them using the netflix app(well acting like they are using it). While the guy is using his phone they show it with netflix on it and the audio in the background says something to the effect of, "watch live streaming videos straight to your phone." I have a feeling they might only stream them through 4g network which leaves us out to dry. Anyone else have more info on this?

I too have been waiting for this app but I'm starting to wonder if they will even make the Incredible compatible with it. Damn it!
That commercial was advertising a LTE USB modem, not a phone.

Upvote 0
That commercial was advertising a LTE USB modem, not a phone.

Maybe I should have left out the "to your phone" part. I think then my point would have been made better. Try reading it again and leave out the "to your phone" part and let me know what you think then. I'm worried they might make the app for 4G only if that's possible.
: )

Upvote 0
Well, android central had pics of a the new phones from verizon having a netflix app on them so it's coming, VERY SOON!! :D ALSO, a HULU PLUS APP!!!

It's awesome to have an android phone right now :D
I wouldn't get your hopes up that any of these are coming to the incredible any time soon.

For some reason there is not acceptable drm solution for the incredible, which is why we haven't seen the blockbuster or flexview app yet. Netflix made comments that drm across android devices was tricky, and that when there app launches it will only be to select models (of which I assume the Incredible won't be one of them). I'd assume the same for Hulu as well.

Upvote 0
Well I have always been able to stream shows and movies on my phone so I finally just decided to make an app to stream movies and tv on demand. I have it in the market for $4.99 right now. It uses skyfire and dolphin browser HD to get around the flash compatibility and then you just have to have a 3G/4G connection and wi-fi. you can search it under "TV & Movies On Demand!" in the market. If you already know how to find your own sites and use the browsers than this app would just be a convenient search engine but for those of you who don't know how to search for movies and tv online and play it on your phone it might be worth it because it's all up to date and alot of times the shows will be released before they actually air Pacific Time.

Upvote 0
Maybe I should have left out the "to your phone" part. I think then my point would have been made better. Try reading it again and leave out the "to your phone" part and let me know what you think then. I'm worried they might make the app for 4G only if that's possible.
: )
I don't see how they could only stream it through the 4G network. That would severely limit the market for Netflix, something they wouldn't want to do. I can, however, see the Netflix app being exclusive to one phone or brand of phones for a short time. Similar to how the Blockbuster app was exclusive to the Droid X when it launched.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones