1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support streaming mp4 from a website on galaxy s2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blk, Sep 28, 2011.

1. blk

blk Lurker
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    Hi all,
    Am a new andoird user coming from ip4. Had a question about streaming mp4 video in sgs2.

so on the iphone4 if i visit a site like gametrailers.com, and navigating to something i want to watch i click on "watch video", the browser (both atomic and safari) know to start quicktime and start streaming the video. If i long press the link, I get the option to download the file.

On the galaxy S2, the default browser will prompt me for how i want to handle the scenario, i.e. either "android system" or "internet".
    choosing "android system" gives me another choice of video players i have installed. I also have the choice of making this the default action.
    choosing "internet" downloads the file.

On firefox mobile, it seems it only knows how to download the file.

The questions are:

• In the default browser, if i set the behaviour of clicking a link to open a video player as the default, how do i:
      • change this default behaviour later on?
      • keep the default behaviour but download the file it is targeting manually, if that is what i want (e.g. on the iphone i can long press a link and i will have the option to download the target)

• In Firefox, how do i get it to stream the video or at least send the link to a video player?

thanks in advance

Advertisement