1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

streaming music to wireless speakers

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by ronaldvdh, Jan 11, 2012.

1. ronaldvdh

ronaldvdh Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Hello
    I would like to stream music from my galaxy tablet to wireless speakers.
    Does anybody know which speakers i need for my android device?
    I only found the speakers from sonos but they can only stream online music and not the music that is on my tablet.
    Can somebody help me?
    Thnx

Advertisement

2. trankster

trankster Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    CPA
    Irvine, CA
    You need a Bluetooth speaker. I just picked up a Creative D200 speaker at the local Costco and am listening to Rhapsody from my GT 10.1 on this speaker as I type this message. It sounds great. :) Another really cool but pricey Bluetooth speaker is the Jawbone Jambox.

3. En4cer2k11

En4cer2k11 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 10, 2010
    Male
    Student
    Sacramento, CA
    If you have the extra money to spare, the Jawbone Jambox is worth every penny ($200 at Best Buy or around $150 on Ebay). I have one myself and the thing litterally sounds like a portable car stereo. The bass is ridiculous on a speaker that small. Its a great indoor speaker and an ok outdoor speaker. Its not gonna play that well over city traffic or anything (like its advertised), but if you're in a fairly quiet place, its still pretty good. I frequently take it with me on bike rides and to the park when I play basketball. At a quiet park its loud enough to be set near mid court and be heard over the whole court. I really like it. On max volume (which is the only volume I really play it on) it lasts about 4 hours per charge, but I would assume it would last longer at mid volume (volume of whatever device you're streaming from).

4. chrisjrkim

chrisjrkim Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    real estate
    Los Angeles
    I really like the jawbone jambox too. got it from amazon. shipped pretty quickly and the shipping was free.