1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Streaming music

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LShep97, Aug 9, 2011.

1. LShep97

LShep97 Newbie
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Illinois
    First I want to say I really am enjoying the Triumph and happy I got rid of the huge Verizon contract. The only thing I am wondering is if anyone else is having issues when streaming music. When I am on 3G and use Pandora it comes on ok but usually after the first song or two there is a long pause while it loads the next song and sometimes it cuts the song early and goes to another. the phone shows 3g and 2 bars usually. anyone else have this issue?

Advertisement

2. uguu

uguu Member
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    I don't know what kind of signal I'm getting cuz I only stream music in the car and my car home screen doesnt show the notification bar with the signal bars, but it plays perfectly for me. Before the Triumph though, I had the Intercept which had the same issues you described... especially where it cut off a song and started the next one. Sometimes it wouldn't even go to the next track and would just sit there at the end of the track doing nothing.

However, I did notice on the Triumph that when I have GPS on and locked onto a sattelite while using navi/maps that the streaming music starts stuttering.

3. sandcrest

sandcrest Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    central Florida
    I don't know how this will help, since I don't use Pandora.
    Instead I use TuneIn Radio and Winamp for their Shoutcast streaming broadcasts. But I do use them while I'm driving and while using TuneIn I rarely have any breaks in my music but when it happens it's randomly in the song (probably because there was no signal and I ran out of buffer.) When I use Shoutcast, it's tougher to get a channel in and then it breaks up more while I'm driving. But it happens between songs. So my thought was that Winamp streams the songs one at a time to me and sometimes the buffer runs out, which leaves me with dead air to the point that I normally wonder if the phone or app turned off.
    So lately I've just been sticking with TuneIn Radio.
    I really wish Last.fm didn't go the pay route for smartphones. They're still my favorite.

4. marx2k

marx2k Member
    None

Jul 27, 2011
    if you guys have a decent music collection on your home computers, I would strongly suggest running a Subsonic server and stream your own music wherever you are. The Android subsonic application is amazing.

5. KensterVF

KensterVF Member
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    I use Google Music Beta. Works fine. Never have a problem.

FYI: Google Music Beta allows you to upload your music collections (20,000 songs) into the server to stream it from there. :)

6. ceejay83

ceejay83 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    it's most likely the 3g connection dropping

7. LShep97

LShep97 Newbie
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Illinois
    I have a feeling it is the 3G signal dropping connection, it works excellent on wifi. Thanks for the replies. I will just use btunes for now and maybe when some custom roms come out it will help the 3G signal

8. LShep97

LShep97 Newbie
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Illinois
    just a bump to this old thread. I recently installed Tickerguy's CM7 Rom and it has helped a lot with my streaming music issue. Pandora and other steaming audio apps now work much much better. Still will get the occasional delay but it no skips to the next song in the middle of another.

9. magohn

magohn Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 15, 2010
  10. BlackGravity

BlackGravity Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    use Mspot or Music from Google both work great with 3g

11. AtticTRON

AtticTRON Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I use google music in my car and at work. Never had any issues as long as i have 3g. Also, if any one would like a google music invite send me a pm.

12. GadgetGator

GadgetGator Member
    None

Jun 28, 2010
    I used to use Google Music Beta, but then I discovered Amazon's MP3 player and haven't looked back. I like being able to switch between playing songs from the cloud to buying new music if I want just by clicking one tab. It's like a browser for music. And right now at least, I have unlimited storage to upload my own mp3 files since I have bought a few things there. Not sure if that deal will hold or what Google will do in the future either, but for now the Amazon app is by far my favorite way to listen to music on my Triumph.

13. stef7

stef7 Android Expert
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Male
    Systems Engineer
    Pandora, TuneIn, or Jango.