• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Streaming Pandora through my cars speakers?

stlcity

Nov 25, 2009
Hi all..Have a couple of questions about streaming music from the droid:

. I have the Droid connected to the car by bluetooth so that all the calls come through the speakers. I tried playing pandora when it is paired with the cars bluetooth. But cannot get the music to stream through there. Was wondering if there is something I can do to stream the music through the speakers.

. Also if I get an ipod dock for the car will I be able to use the droid to stream? (for use in cars that do not have bluetooth capabilities)

Thank you

An iPod dock?? iPod docks use the 30 pin connector that only iPods/iPhones use so that wouldn't work. Does your car support music streaming over bluetooth? If it's a Ford with SYNC then it should, some older bluetooth capable cars don't support it so that could be the problem. I have used Pandora over bluetooth in my Hyundai Genesis so I know it does work, just if your car supports it. I think it needs to have the A2DP profile.

Upvote 0
I've been playing Pandora in my car via the BT on my deck for the past week and have nothing but positive things to say about it. On my deck, as you're switching through the sources (tuner, compact disc, ipod, aux, etc) there is an option called "BT Audio" and that is what I have been using and it works great and my favorite part: no wires involved. If you're really picky about sound clarity you may not like the BT connection, as it is no where near the clarity of a direct connection. So far i've had no signal loss while driving around town playing pandora and have found myself using my ipod less since purchasing my droid.

Upvote 0
I am having a problem getting my Sync to play nice with my Nexus One.
I am running 2.1

Phone will pair with the car for calls, but pressing the Voice button and then saying "Bluetooth Audio" does nothing.
However, if on the phone you go to Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth Settings , the Sync icon will show that the phone is synced with the car, but the media is not.
Then I touch the icon and it will dim, and then come back as showing the phone and media are connected.
When that happens, the Music app then starts playing

However, I want my music to start playing the minute I get into my car.
Is there away to get the music app to start automatically without having to go into the Wireless settings?

Upvote 0
Hi all..Have a couple of questions about streaming music from the droid:

. I have the Droid connected to the car by bluetooth so that all the calls come through the speakers. I tried playing pandora when it is paired with the cars bluetooth. But cannot get the music to stream through there. Was wondering if there is something I can do to stream the music through the speakers.

. Also if I get an ipod dock for the car will I be able to use the droid to stream? (for use in cars that do not have bluetooth capabilities)

Thank you

I have a 2009 VW CC with "volk-l" bluetooth and have been looking into the same issue. So far I have not discovered any solutions for Pandora. I noticed that the music player on my smart phone has an option for "via bluetooth." Unfortunately, I do not see such an option on my phone for Pandora. The sad part is, my car stereo was orginially configured for the 3.5mm jack and I had them install the iPod adaptor. Now I want to switch it back so I can plug my smart phone into the 3.5mm jack and no one knows how to reconfigure the pins on the back of the stereo to switch it back!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones