1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Streaming Pics/Video/Music from my Mac

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by GatorsUF, Dec 29, 2011.

1. GatorsUF

GatorsUF Well-Known Member

I am sure this has been answered before, but I did a quick search and couldn't find my answer.

I have a iMac connected to a wireless router, my GTV (LT Revue 3.0) is hooked up to the TV and Wireless.

I have Plex setup, and it works great for streaming videos but not pictures or music.

I have tried the Logitech Media Center, and it works ok sometimes. It always seems when I go to use it the connection is lost and I have to mess with the server and restart stuff just to get it to connect.

Is there any option to just get pictures from my computer to the GTV? I would love an option that did all 3 flawlessly, but I have Music (Google Music) and Video (Plex) covered. How do you stream pictures?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Randino

Randino Android Enthusiast

When I added photos to my Plex, it worked but the sheer volume of my pic collection bogged everything down, so I deleted them off the plex server. However, Plex does see my entire itunes library and it shows up as a channel. the Pics did work but it made everything slower.

This is from a PC not a Mac though.

3. GatorsUF

GatorsUF Well-Known Member

Hmm, I guess I didnt really try to get Plex to work with pictures. I will look into it...probably end up with the same problem as you though. I have a billion photos.

Any other ideas?

A cloud storage system would be awesome, similar to Google Music....but most of them cost money or have space limitations that wouldn't work for me.