• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

streaming problems/ factory reset?

Crodley

Android Enthusiast
Jun 10, 2010
Hi folks,
I have tried four different apps that will stream specific music songs. Thumbplay, rdio, grooveshark and mog. All do the same thing. They play great on wifi, but play nothing on a full 3g signal. Programs like Pandora work just fine on 3g.

I am thinking that its a problem with my evo because other people seem to have no issues using these apps on their evos. so...I'm thinking of doing a factory reset to see if one of the million apps I installed is causing the issue.
If I do, what will I lose? Everything on my sd card? I can redownload all my paid apps again when I an done, right? if I just copy the contents of my card to my computer and after copy it back will that just make my evo like it was before complete with its issues?

Sorry for so many questions.

edit for grammar

If I do, what will I lose? Everything on my sd card? I can redownload all my paid apps again when I an done, right? if I just copy the contents of my card to my computer and after copy it back will that just make my evo like it was before complete with its issues?

Sorry for so many questions.

edit for grammar

You will not lose anything on your SD card. But backing up your SD card to your computer is never a bad idea.

You WILL be able to redownload your paid apps. What you buy is linked to your google account and stored on google's end.

After the factory reset, your phone will look like it did when you first took it out of the box. The only difference is that the stuff that's currently on your SD card will still be there, like your music, photos, etc.

Upvote 0
You will not lose anything on your SD card. But backing up your SD card to your computer is never a bad idea.

You WILL be able to redownload your paid apps. What you buy is linked to your google account and stored on google's end.

After the factory reset, your phone will look like it did when you first took it out of the box. The only difference is that the stuff that's currently on your SD card will still be there, like your music, photos, etc.

Thanks a lot for the information that will really help.

Upvote 0
try orb! i stream everything ! on wifi its great on 3g its good

There are 2 problems with this. One problem is that I'm at work and cannot try it right now, the second issue is that it will only stream my music and i'm looking for a program that will stream all music. That program does look interesting and I will try it when I get home, thanks

Upvote 0
New update. After trying out 4 different programs that all stream music and having all 4 apps not stream while on 3G, I decided one of the zillions other apps had installed might have been breaking these streaming apps.

So I did a Factory Reset and installed JUST the streaming music app and bingo, it works.
Now I'll reinstall those other apps and see if I can figure out which one broke it to start with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones