1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Streaming Speeds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 2prevail, Jul 28, 2013.

1. 2prevail

2prevail Android Enthusiast

I understand that one of the downfalls of this phone is its lack of micro SD expansion but I am willing to give the cloud and streaming my media a try. But, before i spend $350 I would appreciate it if you guys to tell me if the streaming speeds are good. Particularly for Google Play Music. Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Android Enthusiast

That depends on the service provider, location, time of day, network traffic, weather, etc.. In other words it depends. My suggestion would be to ask people in your area what their speeds are like on their network.

El Presidente likes this.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

The cell radio is pretty good (in my experience anyway), but as BA points out, there are a number of factors you need to take in to consideration.

Does the network you plan on using have a coverage map?

4. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

As the previous posts rightly point out, YMMV however the N4 has HSPA+ and personally, I find download speeds pretty good. I do live in an area with lousy network reception, though so I guess that would be an issue if I was relying on streaming and didn't have WiFi.

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews