• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Streaming Video

vt6spd

Oct 4, 2010
Earth
Hello all,

I love my Galaxy S, Captivate but the one website I love to go to does not play any videos for me. Pinkbike.com is my home planet, and of course there is a video of the day, and many other videos, but I can't watch any of them. And of course, I can watch youtube all day. What gives?

Please and thank you. James

I just checked, and I can watch the video. If it is important to you, do some reading and research on XDA-Developers. You will need to flash an Android 2.2 based ROM so you can use Flash. This is not a task to be undertaken lightly, but I have had excellent results. YMMV

Just to elaborate: The Captivate has Android 2.1 which does not support Flash. Android 2.2 "Froyo" includes Flash support but is not officially released for the Captivate yet. It is coming soon. There are hacked-up ROMs based up leaked internal "beta" builds that people are using but all the variations have some quirks/issues and the install and use of them is not for the feint of heart or the technically-challenged. There is no shortage of risks, compromises, "gotchas", or people who decided it wasn't worth it and want to go back to 2.1 until 2.2 is officially released. Nor any shortage of people who've "bricked" their phone trying to play the ROM hacking game.

Reactions: bolts2
Upvote 0
Reactions: vt6spd
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones