1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Streaming videos from phone to my TV (xbox/wifi)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dieselbud, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Dieselbud

Dieselbud Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    Female
    Alberta, Canada
    Hey all, have any of you had any luck streaming videos through your xbox using wifi?

I have it working to a degree, but the video pauses constantly (like every 4-8 seconds) and sometimes speeds up to catch up. This is useless to me because I need the videos to stream because I tape my kids dance routines so they can use the TV to practice all week.

I have tried a lesser resolution, bubbleUpNp and it still happens. (but the video quality is amazing on a 47" LED)

I tried connecting my phone to the xbox using USB (nothing) and I tried connecting it directly to the TV (USB: get an error not compatible).

My only other option is to purchase a samsung blueray with wifi, but I don't want to do that and have the same problems. There is also perhaps the option of the HDMI cable to hook up directly to my TV but I thought using wifi would be a much better experience than it is.

I can connect to my PC's through the xbox and browse for files, but this means transferring the videos to my PC and I wanted to avoid this setup.

I do not want want to be wishing that I bought a Samsung Smart TV, but I am beginning to...

Advertisement

2. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

Jun 1, 2011
    Male
    trying to concur the world
    CALI
    I'm having no problems at all streaming to my tv using my xbox, it works really good it might be your home Internet watts causing the delay.

3. Dieselbud

None

Mar 1, 2011
    Female
    Alberta, Canada
    I would like to think so, but right now I am streaming a 90 minute video to my TV/xBox from youtube using bubbUpNp and there is zero lagging. Smooth as silk.

It is only when playing a video I took on the phone, otherwise it plays fine on just the phone...

4. Dieselbud

None

Mar 1, 2011
    Female
    Alberta, Canada
    Is there a way to change the format of the video to something other than the default? (.mkp?)

I would prefer to just film it that way and not convert it if possible.

5. samypaul

samypaul Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2013
    Xbox mediaplayer