• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Streaming videos from phone to my TV (xbox/wifi)

Dieselbud

Mar 1, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Hey all, have any of you had any luck streaming videos through your xbox using wifi?

I have it working to a degree, but the video pauses constantly (like every 4-8 seconds) and sometimes speeds up to catch up. This is useless to me because I need the videos to stream because I tape my kids dance routines so they can use the TV to practice all week.

I have tried a lesser resolution, bubbleUpNp and it still happens. (but the video quality is amazing on a 47" LED)

I tried connecting my phone to the xbox using USB (nothing) and I tried connecting it directly to the TV (USB: get an error not compatible).

My only other option is to purchase a samsung blueray with wifi, but I don't want to do that and have the same problems. There is also perhaps the option of the HDMI cable to hook up directly to my TV but I thought using wifi would be a much better experience than it is.

I can connect to my PC's through the xbox and browse for files, but this means transferring the videos to my PC and I wanted to avoid this setup.

I do not want want to be wishing that I bought a Samsung Smart TV, but I am beginning to...

Hey all, have any of you had any luck streaming videos through your xbox using wifi?

I have it working to a degree, but the video pauses constantly (like every 4-8 seconds) and sometimes speeds up to catch up. This is useless to me because I need the videos to stream because I tape my kids dance routines so they can use the TV to practice all week.

I have tried a lesser resolution, bubbleUpNp and it still happens. (but the video quality is amazing on a 47" LED)

I tried connecting my phone to the xbox using USB (nothing) and I tried connecting it directly to the TV (USB: get an error not compatible).

My only other option is to purchase a samsung blueray with wifi, but I don't want to do that and have the same problems. There is also perhaps the option of the HDMI cable to hook up directly to my TV but I thought using wifi would be a much better experience than it is.

I can connect to my PC's through the xbox and browse for files, but this means transferring the videos to my PC and I wanted to avoid this setup.

I do not want want to be wishing that I bought a Samsung Smart TV, but I am beginning to...
I'm having no problems at all streaming to my tv using my xbox, it works really good it might be your home Internet watts causing the delay.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones