1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Street View MIA

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by AngelArs, Jul 10, 2013.

1. AngelArs

AngelArs Well-Known Member

Supposedly street view is supposed to be installed on my phone but I can't find it. I turn on G Maps but there is no option for it. What am I doing wrong? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

When you view the "street view" app in the play store, does it say it is installed?

If it is... street view is not available for all areas/addresses... But in theory all you have to do is long press on a street when in Google maps and it should load the address, after pressing on the address a new window should pop up giving you different options, one of them being street view.

AngelArs and funkylogik like this.
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Street view still blows my mind lol :)

4. AngelArs

AngelArs Well-Known Member

OK Thanks sdrawkcab. Found it. Wish they didn't burry it like that. Hopefully the new version will fix this.

The view that they have from around here is at least 4 years old. Surprised they don't update it more often.

5. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

If you think of the amount of work it took to make streetview and the impact to the environment, im not surprised they dont update it tbh :thumbup:

6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

street view is done by an actual car driving around the country with cameras mounted on it, the logistics of getting all that info integrated into a mapping system available to all is pretty amazing...i consider myself lucky that they even drove down the street i live on.

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

What country are you in, or what country are you trying to look at, e.g. China, there's no Street View.

8. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

With the new Maps app it's a box across the bottom with the address, and you have to slide it up to see the options. Fine once you know, but less obvious than the old pop-up menu.