1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Street view photosphere maker not working

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Trisnpod, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Trisnpod

Trisnpod Newbie
    None

Aug 15, 2016
    Male
    I can't seem to make photospheres in the Google street view app. I know you're supposed to point your phone at the orange circles all around but the orange circles don't stay in one place like they should. When I move the phone towards the circle, the circle moves too and floats around and I can't catch it unless by random chance it floats into the middle of my screen. Moving the phone around seems to have little to no effect. If I manage to get the first circle and I try to move the phone around to find the other circles it only registers up and down movement and does so very slowly. If I point my phone at my feet it thinks I am pointing it at just below the starting frame - which is looking straight ahead eye level. The accelerometers on the phone seem to be ok, I installed a spirit level app to test them and that works as it should. I can also take panoramas fine with the normal camera app. I have tried disabling and enabling the app but it didn't fix it. The weird thing is I could make the photospheres fine a few weeks ago but now it's like this. Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix it?
    The phone is a moto g 4g LTE. Not been a very good phone so far. :(
    EDIT: I just checked the full specs for the phone and it definitely has a gyro so should be able to take these photos.

Advertisement

#1 Trisnpod, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  2. Trisnpod

Trisnpod Newbie
    None

Aug 15, 2016
    Male
    Fixed. I had forgotten to try restarting my phone but now I have that seems to have done the trick.

The_Chief likes this.